Supporting parents during pregnancy when there are concerns in relation to the care, safety and wellbeing of the infant, particularly those subject to a “child and family pre-birth assessment”.
New Start is run by Nicola & Michelle.
New Start is funded by Henry Smith.
Parent to Parent
We are currently accepting referrals for Families based City Wide in Leeds who need support to:
- Improve child’s behaviour- build resilience and coping strategies, bonding with parent, enjoy play, social interaction with peers and other adults.
- Reduce isolation through volunteer support to enable access to social activities and health appointments.
- Improve child’s health and wellbeing to include healthy eating and exercise, self-awareness
Families are encouraged to develop independence through Volunteer support.
Parent to Parent is run by Hannah, Kacie and Michelle.
Parent to Parent is funded by the Big Lottery Community Funding.
To promote and support the importance of early attachment by educating and empowering families who feel low in mood, stressed following a birth of their baby.
The Perinatal Service is run by Anna and Hermeet
Peri Natal is funded by Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service.
Young Parent Care Leavers
Our support helps build independence after leaving a care setting. Supporting young parents to parent effectively through positive role modelling from our volunteers. Encourage young parents to access other services to help them along their parenting journey.
Young Care Leavers is run by Michelle.
Young Care Leavers is funded by Children in Need.
Dad Matters Leeds
Dad Matters Leeds supports Dads to have the best possible relationship with their families.
Dad Matters Leeds is looked after by Darren
Dad Matter Leeds is funded by the Leeds Community Foundation.
Leeds Doulas supports mums 6 weeks either side of baby’s birth – the service is currently in development.
Leeds Doulas is looked after by Nicola
Leeds Doulas is funded NHS Leeds Clinical CCG (and its successor organisation NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board)
Launched in January 2023 our new service supports:
- Kinship Carers – non-parents including Grandparent, Siblings and Friends looking after non-birth children
- Reunification Parents – parents being reunified with their children after a period of time in Kinship or State Care.
Family Ties is looked after by Clare and Rachel
Family Ties is funded by Reaching Communities Lottery Funding
Dad Matters Calderdale
Coming soon……….Home-Start Leeds has been comissioned to provide a Dad Matters service acorss the Calderdale Council area.
Dad Matters Calderdale will support Dads to have the best possible relationship with their families.
Dad Matters Calderdale is looked after by TBCX
Dad Matters Calderdale is funded by Calderdale Council